Current Job Openings
Assistant Controller - TalentZok
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting company?! Then we've got the right team for you! In this role, you're responsible for the duties listed below.
Immediate opening for a Assistant Controller in Hacienda Heights, CA who possesses:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must have 4+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949.771.9756
FULL DESCRIPTION: This person would assist the controller in leading the accounting department in successfully meeting their goals and objectives.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Directs the general accounting activities including maintenance of general ledgers, analysis of computer printouts, and review of payroll records.
- Prepares monthly and close out reports as required by state and federal regulations, profit and loss statements, annual corporate tax returns, and special financial reports and studies.
- Develop financial analysis, projections, and budgets to assist with the long-term strategic and operational planning and forecasting.
- Manage and direct the company's assets to successfully achieve the multiple annual operating budgets and to achieve the greatest possible return on company assets, including cash.
- Direct financial decisions that impact sales, marketing, and operational activities to ensure maximization of the bottom line. This will involve presenting accurate and timely information in a manner conducive to decision making on all financial issues, along with ensuring tight spending controls are in place.
- Involvement in the financial leadership of other functional areas of the company through training department managers to understand profitability within their department.
- Working with the Executive team, along with appropriate corporate support people, in analyzing and evaluating acquisition candidates, and performing the necessary due diligence activities on those acquisitions that move forward.
- Review and develop internal financial controls to ensure integrity of financial data, protection of corporate assets, and adherence of corporate policies.
- Develop and implement the Accounting Department's goals, projects, policies, procedures, methods, and controls.
- Motivate, train, and retain a competent staff of highly qualified accounting professionals.
- Work with CFO on special projects, fostering new opportunities to improve upon existing business.
The selected candidate will also possess:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- CPA preferred
- 4+ years of accounting and financial planning experience in comparable positions.
- Verifiable abilities to lead, mentor and direct the other company managers as well as subordinates and peers in the principles of sound accounting practices and financial management.
- Ability to foster strong employee, customer, and professional relationships.
- Hands-on proficiency with Microsoft Products, accounting, and payroll software.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).